Asthma Management Training Course
Training to qualify to administer Asthma Medication as first aiders at a workplace, sporting , recreational or community event.
Statement of Attainment issued by ABC First Aid RTO 3399
The Queensland Government has issued a recent amendment to the Health Regulations, in that persons who wish to administer Asthma Medication (salbutamol and terbutaline) as first aiders at a workplace, sporting , recreational or community event, MUST HOLD a certificate or document issued by a training provider that identifies their successful completion of a course of training. The certificate must be also be viewed when purchasing the above mentioned medications. Hartbeat Training is holding training courses for this new regulation.
Reference Documents – Qld Health & Asthma Foundation of Queensland
- QLD Health Fact Sheet – Asthma – PDF File 37KB
- Management of Asthma in Schools- PDF File 155 KB
- Management of Asthma in the outside school hours care setting – PDF File 250 KB
- Management of Asthma in Childcare – PDF File 251 – KB
SPECIFIC LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Recognition of the symptoms and signs of ASTHMA
- Recognition of exercise induced ASTHMA
- Knowledge of and appropriate use of reliever medication
- Ability to implement an Asthma First Aid Plan
For further information please phone or email Cindy Hartwig for more information about the Asthma Training Course.
Gympie Training Centre – Training Rooms for Hire
Hire our training rooms for your seminar or training. In a relaxed and friendly environment participants find listening and learning more enjoyable.
We have two separate rooms equipped with tables & chairs, coffee/tea facilities etc.
Click for more information.